MENU

Our Projects

We believe that parents, educators and communities have extraordinary powers to influence a child’s development. Together, we reimagine learning in the 21 st century and empower children to fulfil their potential.

We Are Play Lab

on Dübi Island

KJAD and the community of Dübendorf built a temporary public playground using recycled materials. For a few days in July 2017, we joined forces and brought the topic of computational thinking into play. Together with primary school children from Wil, we created a challenging adventure track. On a mission to escape the Dübi Island and to find a secret code made of four numbers, children engaged in collaborative, unplugged playful activities.

Pilot Project Parkopolis

Part of the global Learning Landscapes initiative, Project Parkopolis is among the big ideas re-imagining cities as vibrant learning spaces. By 2050, over 70% of children around the world will be living in cities. In those cities, only 20% of a child’s waking time will be spent in the classroom. How we fashion the remaining 80% of their waking time will be critical to how we raise a new generation of innovators, creative thinkers and collaborators. Project Parkopolis is a start in this new vision that has begun with a first prototype in Switzerland during the summer of 2017.

Europe Code Week, Beyond the Screen

Just because our children can intuitively use technology, it does not mean that they are becoming tech-savvy. Digital literacy is important, especially for our children's future. It does not mean that everybody should become a programmer or engineer. It has to do with inclusive and equitable learning and work opportunities in the 21st century. In October 2017, we joined forces with a vibrant global community during Europe Code Week to promote digital literacy in a fun and engaging way.

We Are Play Lab

♥Museomix Kids

and MuDA

Our friends at Museomix and the MuDA launched MuseomixKids in Zurich. An exciting art hackathon combining paper and scissors with new technology and allowing children to create their own museum. We were thrilled to join this initiative and together with the young participants, to explore how to elevate the topic of empathy in a digital artistic environment through tangible playful activities.